ROCHESTER, Minn.-Destination Medical Center holds a monthly meeting regarding sustainability, and Thursday it held a meeting where it talked about a path to 100 percent renewable energy.
They brought in developers from Madison, Wisconsin.
In 2017, Rochester became the 25th city to rely on 100% renewable energy for city operations.
Kevin Bright is the energy and sustainability director for the DMC and Rochester and said that Rochester already an energy action plan.
“To truly be a healthy city, we need to manage our resources well create less pollution and be mindful of the resources we have,” He adds.
By 2050, they plan to have an 80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
He says he’s excited to bring in people who have completed what they’re trying to.
“It helps kind of add support to that the initiatives that we are working on is heading in the right direction as well.”
- DMC's November sustainability series meeting focuses on future of renewable energy
- DMC starts sustainability series
- DMC January sustainability meeting
- DMC organizers host sustainability series
- DMC's October Sustainability Speaker Series
- DMC Sustainability Series discusses net zero energy buildings
- Sustainability speaker series: reducing energy in office spaces
- DMC public meeting discusses future of Discovery Walk
- Rochester to use 100 percent renewable energy?
- DMC Board gives update