ROCHESTER, Minn. – Destination Medical Center is bringing people together to talk about sustainability.
They started a series to bring the community together and start the conversation. They plan to meet every second Wednesday of the month at noon. The next meeting dates are on Jan. 10 and Feb. 14.
Kevin Bright, DMC’s energy and sustainability director, said it’s a way to bring people of different backgrounds together to come up with solutions.
“Bring folks that work in different disciplines, maybe designers or environmental advocates,” Bright said. “Just as a way that they can share ideas, best practices to help broaden the scope and reach on sustainability or environmental projects.”
One engineer that attended the first meeting said there’s an urgency to talk about sustainability and energy efficiency.
“If you look at what's happening globally, you look at the temperatures changing, those types of things, we need to do something,” Tom Williamson said. “I mean I look at things and say this isn't even enough, but you got to start somewhere so this is a start.”
- DMC starts sustainability series
- DMC organizers host sustainability series
- DMC's October Sustainability Speaker Series
- DMC January sustainability meeting
- DMC Sustainability Series discusses net zero energy buildings
- DMC's November sustainability series meeting focuses on future of renewable energy
- DMC Board gives update
- Rochester Recognized for Sustainability
- Affordable and sustainable housing
- Smith resigns from DMC Board