ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Destination Medical Center project is holding an open meeting Thursday 12/14 7-8:30pm to discuss the future of the Discovery Walk.
The route goes along 2nd Avenue from 2nd St. to Soldier's Field.
Patrick Seeb is the Director of Economic Development and Placemaking for the DMC initiative. He said this they've talked to property owners along the walk, but need input of citizens too.
"We're interested in talking to people who live nearby, who perhaps walk that corridor on their way to work or to the downtown or walk home that corridoor. So it's really important to understand how people use this street, how would they like to use this street, he said.
He said what they're learning from the community is people want more outdoor activity options.
"Many food trucks use that corridor during the summer. And this could become a really interesting food court corridor in the future," he said.
Seeb said after the meeting, public feedback will be incorporated into the Discovery Walk plan. They hope to have a rough draft of the plan shortly after January 1st.
- DMC public meeting discusses future of Discovery Walk
- DMC January sustainability meeting
- DMC starts sustainability series
- DMC Board gives update
- DMC's November sustainability series meeting focuses on future of renewable energy
- DMC Sustainability Series discusses net zero energy buildings
- Smith resigns from DMC Board
- DMC organizers host sustainability series
- DMC's October Sustainability Speaker Series
- DMC on track with plans