ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Destination Medical Center Corporation held its board meeting Tuesday.
Destination Medical Center is a 20-year plan to make Rochester the global destination for health and wellness.
At the meeting they approved funding for 2019, as well as gave updates for several projects going up in downtown.
Executive Director of DMC Economic Development Agency Lisa Clarke tells KIMT the projects are on track and on budget, and that they're more than just buildings.
"There are things like housing and commercial and hospitality and we want to make sure that we are not only on track in terms of the numbers, but we are trying very hard to make sure that we get public realm right so that people can enjoy these spaces," Clarke said.
With the development and expected growth, those with DMC are keeping in mind key issues like housing and the workforce opportunities.
"What is the experience that people have when they come to Rochester, Minnesota," Clarke said. "That's a critical part of DMC and we're playing a big part of moving that forward."
The next regular board meeting is schedule for Nov. 13, where they will discuss funding priorities for 2020.
- DMC 'on track and on budget' with projects
- DMC on track with plans
- DMC starts sustainability series
- DMC Board gives update
- DMC January sustainability meeting
- Smith resigns from DMC Board
- DMC organizers host sustainability series
- DMC's October Sustainability Speaker Series
- DMC transit planning honored with statewide award
- DMC host summit for developers and investors