Floyd County, Iowa – According to the Iowa Department of Public safety, the area where a body was found this morning in Floyd County was "where law enforcement had previously requested the public’s assistance regarding a missing person from Grundy County."
A press release issued Friday said, however, that "no positive identification has been made at this time."
Michael Bruce Johns
The scene is located near 290th St. and Shadow Ave. south of Charles City.
Authorities say a farmer made a report just after 9 a.m. this morning.
The Grundy Center Police Department said 28-year-old Michael Bruce Johns was reported missing on October 26. He is described as a white male, 5-foot-7 and 180 pounds. He was wearing a white baseball cap, a green or dark colored Under Armor hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, and white and gray tennis shoes.
Authorities say Johns was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 25 in the area between Greene and Charles City.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office, the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office, and the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information about acitiviy in that area is awksed to call the Floyd County Sheriff's Office at 641-228-1821.
- UPDATE: No identification yet from body found in Floyd County
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires in Floyd County
- Body found in Floyd County identified as missing Grundy County man
- Murder charge for body found in rural Floyd County in 2017
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- UPDATE: Postville man killed in Floyd County rollover
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County
- Guilty pleas in Floyd County farm burglary