MASON CITY, Iowa - The Clear Lake Earth Day Committee is bestowing a high honor on Barry Trump.
The committee is awarding him the green jacket for his efforts in keeping the area clean.
Over the last 10 years, Trump has organized cyclists to clean up litter along the bike trail that runs from Mason City to Clear Lake.
On Monday evening, cyclists from several local cycling organizations wheeled up to the bike shelter to cheer Barry on as he was given the jacket.
This year, there were 40 people involved in the Earth Day cleanup, and they managed to pick up about 60 bags of garbage from the bike trail.
- Cyclist gets award for Cerro Gordo Co. bike trail cleanup
- Cerro Gordo County warrant cleanup nets another meth arrest
- Cerro Gordo Co. 'warrant cleanup' results in multiple meth arrests
- Prairie Land Trail expanding in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Healthiest State award for Cerro Gordo Public Health
- Cerro Gordo public health nurse wins childhood immunization award
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County