CARPENTER, Iowa- For the past 9 years, nearly 100 women have scrapbooked their way to find a cure for cancer at the Carpenter Community Center.
Marcia Sola was diagnosed with ovarian cancer back in 1985 and breast cancer in 2003.
Brenda Blakken was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1985 but they are both survivors.
They both have been attending "Crop for the Cure" since it first started and have become life-long friends.
The purpose of the fundraiser is to raise money for cancer research for the Lyle Area Cancer Organization and Mayo Clinic.
“I love coming to the scrap booking events to raise money for this cause. I have a great support group and it is a good fundraiser,” says Blakken.
Over the past nine years, the Crop for the Cure fundraiser has raised nearly $70,000.
- Crop for the Cure fundraiser
- Crop projections down again
- Walking for a cure
- Cycle for a Cure
- Fashion for a Cure
- CURE hosts Labor Day Picnic
- Mixed outcome on area pumpkin crop
- Crop reports delayed by government shutdown
- Hailstorm destroys thousands of acres of crops
- CURE plans to demand action on Monday