CRESCO, Iowa – A Howard County woman is being accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a hospital auxiliary account.
Rebecca Sue Creger of Cresco is charged with 1st degree theft and ongoing criminal conduct. Authorities say she committed those crimes while serving as the treasurer of the Regional Health Services of Howard County Hospital Auxiliary during 2017. Court documents state that Creger wrote out 26 checks to cash to herself, totaling $20,727.
Law enforcement says Creger admitted to stealing the money because of medical bills and said she wanted to pay it back.
- Cresco woman accused of embezzling over $20,000
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- Woman sentenced for bank embezzlement
- Cresco woman sentenced for meth possession
- Trial scheduled for Cresco killing
- Cresco man accused of running into a deputy is jailed
- Deferred judgment for Cresco tire slasher
- Golden Apple Award: Megan Merkel from Cresco
- Cresco men collide in Winneshiek County
- Arrest made in Cresco SUV theft