CRESCO, Iowa – A Howard County man accused of sending sexual Facebook messages to an 11-year-old girl is pleading not guilty.
James Edward Politowitz, 21 of Cresco, is charged with lascivious acts with a child and telephone dissemination of obscene material. Law enforcement says that when Politowitz communicated with the child in February, he used Facebook Messenger to send the girl an image of his penis and asked if she wanted to have sex with him.
Investigators say when Politowitz was asked if he knew how old the girl was, he reportedly replied he thought she was 12 or 13.
His trial is now scheduled to begin on September 11.
- Cresco man pleads not guilty to lascivious acts with a child
- Osage man pleads guilty to lascivious acts with a child
- Sandoval sentenced for lascivious acts
- Franklin County man sentenced for lascivious acts
- Hardin County man gets probation for lascivious acts with a child
- Cresco man pleads guilty to 100 mph chase along I-35
- Cresco man pleads guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor
- Cresco man pleads not guilty to domestic assaut
- Cresco man pleads not guilty to attempted murder of law enforcement
- Cresco man pleads not guilty to driving through an accident scene