KIMT NEWS 3 - Minnesota State Patrol is identifying 64-year-old Richard Engelhart, of Cresco, as the driver who died in the crash.
RUSHFORD VILLAGE, Minn. – A fatal crash occurred Sunday morning in Fillmore County.
It happened a little after 8:30 a.m. near the intersection of Highway 43 and Fillmore County Road 106. A southbound SUV driven by Abbey Jo Schnell, 21 of Spring Grove, went onto the right shoulder, tried to correct and slid into the path of a northbound car.
The vehicles collided and the SUV overturned and went down the embankment.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Schnell suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to Winona Hospital for treatment. The driver of the car is described as a 64-year-old man from Cresco, Iowa, and no further information is being released at this time.
The Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office and Rushford fire and ambulance assisted at the scene.
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision
- Fillmore County driver in Houston County collision
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies people in Cerro Gordo Co. collision
- Two injured in Fillmore County collision
- Fillmore County Fairgrounds updates facilities
- Cresco man charged for motorcycle/car collision
- UPDATE: Inmate identified after dying at Fillmore County Detention Facility
- Fillmore County rollover injures Iowa driver
- Fillmore County driver injured in rollover
- UPDATE: Driver identified in fatal Dodge County crash