MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of cheating two car dealerships gets probation.
23-year-old Timothy Lavell Litt, of Oelwein, was charged in July 2017 with 1st and 2nd degree theft. Authorities say he used a bad credit card to purchase two vehicles from two separate Mason City dealerships. The vehicles had a combined value of nearly $18,000.
Litt was arrested in Buena Vista County in September 2017 and eventually pleaded guilty to one count of 1st degree theft.
He has been ordered to spend five years on probation.
- Credit card car thief sentenced
- Credit card thief sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Minneapolis credit card thief finally sentenced in Rochester
- Jet ski thief sentenced
- Puppy thief sentenced to jail
- Vacuum thief sentenced in Rochester
- Mason City woman sentenced for stealing mom's credit card
- Rose Creek woman sentenced for stealing relatives' credit card info
- Mason City woman sentenced for using a stolen credit card
- Accused car thief pleads guilty