MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of cheating two car dealerships gets probation.
23-year-old Timothy Lavell Litt, of Oelwein, was charged in July 2017 with 1st and 2nd degree theft. Authorities say he used a bad credit card to purchase two vehicles from two separate Mason City dealerships. The vehicles had a combined value of nearly $18,000.
Litt was arrested in Buena Vista County in September 2017 and eventually pleaded guilty to one count of 1st degree theft.
He has been ordered to spend five years on probation.
- Credit card car thief sentenced
- Minneapolis credit card thief finally sentenced in Rochester
- Jet ski thief sentenced
- Accused car thief pleads guilty
- Probation for illegal credit card use
- My Money: Choosing the right credit card
- Donate to Red Kettles on credit card
- Not guilty plea from accused car thief
- Why our brains struggle with the concept of credit cards
- Not guilty plea in Charles City credit card fraud