CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A wrong-way driver triggered a serious crash that shut down a portion of Interstate-35 Wednesday morning, the Iowa State Patrol said.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, 30-year-old Henry Robinson of Georgia was driving a 2018 Nissan van south in the northbound lane. He died in the crash.
52-year-old Bryon Hendricks, of West Des Moines, was also killed in the crash after his 2017 Ford F150 collided with Robinson's vehicle
A third driver who swerved to avoid the collision, Cliffton Richardson, of West Des Moines, was not injured.
The vehicles hit head-on just north of Clear Lake.
The northbound lane of I-35 was closed for multiple hours.
For updates on travel, click here.
- Names released in double fatal wrong-way crash on I-35
- Name released in fatal Winona crash
- UPDATE: Name released in fatal Olmsted County crash
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans
- Traffic impacted after crash on I-35
- Authorities release names of 6 people killed in wrong-way crash on I-90
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- Names released of officers involved in fatal shooting
- UPDATE: Name of victim released in fatal Cerro Gordo County crash