MITCHELL COUNTY, Iowa – The State Patrol has identified the people involved in a deadly two-vehicle collision on Monday.
Authorities say Garrett Patrick Bormann, 24, of Ionia, was driving south on Balsam Avenue when he apparently failed to obey the stop sign at the intersection with Highway 9. The State Patrol says Bormann’s pickup truck hit the eastbound car driven by Kenneth Nelson Jahncke, 61 of Osage.
The State Patrol says Bormann was not wearing a seat belt and died as a result of his injuries. Kenneth Jahncke and a passenger, 65-year-old Linda Susan Jahncke of Osage, were wearing their seat belts and were taken by ambulance to Mitchell County Regional Health Center for treatment.
The Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office and Mayo One Life Flight assisted at the scene of this accident, which happened around 7:30 pm Monday.
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Driver identified in fatal Dodge County crash
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Mower County crash turns fatal
- Authorities identify woman killed in Mitchell County tree-clearing accident
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision