MASON CITY, Iowa – A Mason City woman is facing multiple charges in relation to insurance fraud.
Amber Griffin, 34, is facing four counts of insurance fraud – presenting false information – and a second-degree theft charge.
According to court documents, Griffin “submitted medical insurance claims and as a result received benefits in the form of insurance proceeds of which she was not entitled to.”
Griffin received insurance proceeds of $720, $745, $620 $745 and $6,245 that she wasn’t entitled to, according to court records.
Authorities say Griffin admitted to the fraudulent insurance claims and “fabricated the medical records that she submitted to AFLAC along with the claim documents.”
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Mason City woman sentenced for insurance fraud
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to insurance fraud
- Court docs: Woman thought 'she was going to die' during domestic incidents in Mason City
- Charles City woman accused of theft
- Court docs: Mason City shooting suspect allegedly spit on officer, injured ISP trooper
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Court docs: Mason City man throws large knives at police responding to alleged domestic incident
- Court docs: Mason City victim was stabbed in back, face, stomach, chest and hand
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man