MASON CITY, Iowa - A foot pursuit involving a wanted man resulted in a broken elbow for a member of the Mason City Police Department.
Authorities located Joshua Teeter, 21, who had an active warrant for his arrest, in the 800 block of N. Federal Ave. at around 4:37 p.m. Monday.
When officers attempted to take Teeter into custody, he ran from police and was taken to the ground by two officers, according to court documents.
One of the officers suffered elbow/arm pain after making contact with a building after he tried to avoid making contact with Teeter. He was taken to the emergency room where he was diagnosed with a broken elbow.
Teeter was wanted for allegedly violating his probation in a felony theft and burglary case.
Teeter has been charged with interference with official acts resulting in serious injury and interference with official acts - bodily injury.
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man
- Court docs: Mason City shooting suspect allegedly spit on officer, injured ISP trooper
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Court docs: Mason City man throws large knives at police responding to alleged domestic incident
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after tussling with officer
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Court docs: Alleged work-place threat leads to 1st-degree harassment charge against Mason City man
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Mason City man sentenced for police chase, drugs
- Man arrested after overnight police chase in Mason City