MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man was arrested over the weekend after he allegedly stole a man’s vehicle before the victim followed him.
Ryan Peak, 33, was arrested Saturday on Highway 65 between Mason City and Rockwell. He’s facing a third-degree burglary of a motor vehicle charge.
Police said Peak was observed leaving an unoccupied vehicle on the side of the road that did not belong to him “and was later caught by law enforcement as he was being tailed by the owner,” court documents state.
Items in the vehicle were disheveled and were in places the owner did not leave them.
- Court docs: Mason City man arrested after being followed by victim in stolen vehicle case
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Court docs: Mason City man arrested after being caught burglarizing home
- Court docs: Mason City victim was stabbed in back, face, stomach, chest and hand
- Court docs: Mason City man throws large knives at police responding to alleged domestic incident
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man
- Court docs: Alleged work-place threat leads to 1st-degree harassment charge against Mason City man
- Rockford man arrested for stolen vehicles
- Wanted Mason City man found, arrested for allegedly stealing vehicle