MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man was caught in the act of burglary, according to court documents.
Jacob Schmitt, 27, is facing a third-degree burglary charge after allegedly being caught taking things from an unoccupied residence.
It happened at 30 Sunny Circle on Sunday night, and Schimtt was found inside the home and had multiple items on his person that belonged to the homeowner, court documents state.
He also allegedly had a backpack with him that contained more items belonging to the homeowner.
He’s being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $5,000 bond.
Schmitt pleaded guilty to theft and drug charges in 2018.
- Court docs: Mason City man arrested after being caught burglarizing home
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Court docs: Mason City man throws large knives at police responding to alleged domestic incident
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man
- Court docs: Alleged work-place threat leads to 1st-degree harassment charge against Mason City man
- Court docs: Woman thought 'she was going to die' during domestic incidents in Mason City
- Court docs: Mason City shooting suspect allegedly spit on officer, injured ISP trooper
- Court docs: Mason City victim was stabbed in back, face, stomach, chest and hand
- Court docs: Two arrested in Cerro Gordo County burglary scheme