HANCOCK COUNTY, Iowa - A ride in a law enforcement vehicle led to felony charges against a man who was found walking in rural Hancock County.
Christopher Kackley, 38, of Fort Dodge, is facing charges of possessing contraband in a correctional institution and possession of a controlled substance.
According to court documents, Kackley and a female agreed to get a ride to Garner from a law enforcement member Tuesday morning after being found walking in the 500 block of Deer Ave. near Britt.
“While engaged in casual conversation indicators of criminal activity were observed,” the criminal complaint states.
Law enforcement was tipped off when both parties falsified the female’s name.
When booking Kackley into jail, methamphetamine, marijuana and a meth pipe were located in Kackley’s pants.
- Court docs: 'Casual conversation' turns into felony drug charge in Hancock Co.
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Belmond man facing 3 felony drug charges in Hancock Co.
- Hancock County man facing 4 felony sexual abuse charges
- Hancock Co. traffic stop leads to felony gun charges
- Three facing drug charges in Hancock County
- Duo charged after Hancock County drug search
- Man charged with 6 felonies, including having drugs near school in Hancock Co.
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge