AUSTIN, Minn. – The annual competition between county and city employees raised 3,152 pounds of food for the local food shelf.
The Friday weigh off at the Mower County Recycling Center found City of Austin employees collected just over 10 pounds of food each while Mower County employees collected a little under 6 and ½ pounds each.
Since the contest began in 1993, it has donated 51,878 pounds of food to the local food shelf.
- County/city competition benefits local food shelf
- Food shelf donations help area families
- Food shelf in Oronoco looking for help
- RCTC donation drive for student food shelf collects over 1,800 pounds
- Promoting local food sources
- Minnesota growth has local benefits
- Feast Local Foods Marketplace showcases local farms and food vendors
- Making local food more profitable
- 668,000 will lose food stamp benefits under new work rules
- Local program helps kids play competitive sports for free