AUSTIN, Minn. – The annual competition between county and city employees raised 3,152 pounds of food for the local food shelf.
The Friday weigh off at the Mower County Recycling Center found City of Austin employees collected just over 10 pounds of food each while Mower County employees collected a little under 6 and ½ pounds each.
Since the contest began in 1993, it has donated 51,878 pounds of food to the local food shelf.
- County/city competition benefits local food shelf
- Food shelf donations help area families
- Minnesota growth has local benefits
- Making local food more profitable
- Competitive proposal submitted to head River City Renaissance Project
- Students participate in robotics competition
- Olive Garden donates food to local organizations
- Harvest 5k helps stock local food pantries
- 5th annual Feast! Local Foods Marketplace
- Benefit for Fallen Officers