AUSTIN, Minn.- The intersection of eighth avenue and sixth street southwest doesn't have a stop sign. According to the city's public works department, there's been at least one accident each year for the last six years at this spot.
People who live on the street like Lilia Perez says it's unsafe.
She moved to the area last fall and saw three accidents within the first month.
She says it's the carelessness of drivers who aren't paying attention that's putting pedestrians at risk.
“It's a little dangerous sometime people are walking or kids are playing outside you know,” She said.
The issue is on the council agenda tonight. If the council approves, stop signs will be added on sixth street.
- Council considers putting a stop sign at a dangerous intersection
- Roundabout coming soon to dangerous MN intersection
- Highway 122 project creates dangerous intersections on side streets
- Safety improvements coming to dangerous Floyd County intersection
- Rain puts stop to big bike race
- President signs budget bill after considering veto
- Dangers of driving past road closure signs
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Downtown Rochester intersection to close
- Construction closing Rochester intersection on Tuesday