COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Council Bluffs police are investigating a shooting involving an officer on the force.
The shot or shots rang out around 3:10 a.m. Thursday at a convenience store near Mercy Hospital. Police say the officer was checking a report about a suspicious vehicle in a business parking lot. Police say the officer fired while trying to arrest the man driving the car.
The car sped way but soon went out of control and crashed, flipping onto its roof. He was arrested after a short foot chase.
Police say the man was taken to an Omaha, Nebraska, hospital. His name and the name of the officer involved have not been released.
- Council Bluffs police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Investigation continues into Mason City shooting involving railroad police officer
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Names released of officers involved in fatal shooting
- UPDATE: Railroad officer involved in Mason City shooting
- Update: 1 dead after Albert Lea officer-involved shooting
- Names released in Albert Lea officer-involved shooting
- Four police officers hurt in Illinois shooting
- Austin Police officer shoots pit bull