MASON CITY, Iowa – RAGBRAI could roll through Mason City again next year.
The City Council will consider applying to be an overnight stop in 2019 at its next meeting Tuesday. City Administrator Aaron Burnett has sent a memo the Council recommending the application and calling for Main Street Mason City to head up the event.
The last time the annual bike ride and its thousands of riders stopped in Mason City was 2014.
The City Council meeting will start at 7 pm Tuesday in the Mason City Public Library.
- Could RAGBRAI return to Mason City?
- City Administrator wants RAGBRAI back in Mason City
- 2019 RAGBRAI Route announced
- Clear Lake could support Mason City's bid for RAGBRAI stop
- RAGBRAI announces route for 2018
- Two injured in RAGBRAI crash
- RAGBRAI organizers split from Des Moines Register
- Iowa's Ride rescheduled to avoid RAGBRAI standoff
- RAGBRAI announces 2020 route, overnight stops
- Trooper: RAGBRAI begins with someone placing nails on highways