MASON CITY, Iowa - A case of embezzlement from a convenience store is set for trial.
54-year-old Melissa Joy Gott of Mason City is pleading not guilty to a charge of 1st degree theft. She's accused of stealing more than $32,000 in bank deposits while she managed the Yesway store on 4th Street SW in Mason City. Authorities say the thefts happened between January 3 and January 14.
Her trial is scheduled for May 15 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
- Convenience store embezzlement to go to trial
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- No jail time in convenience store thefts
- Austin convenience store was robbed Sunday night
- Convenience store manager pleads guilty to theft
- Former convenience store manager sentenced for theft
- Convenience store robber going to prison
- Not guilty plea to convenience store theft
- Ex-convenience store employee charged with theft in Worth County
- Ex-convenience store employee pleads not guilty to theft