NORTHWOOD, Iowa- A $7 million project us underway at a local school to give students a more updated learning environment.
Molly Hunchis, an upcoming senior at Northwood-Kensett, said the project brings much needed improvements to the school.
School officials said a new HVAC system is being installed as well as a new secondary building which will be used for industrial technology classes.
While school leaders said they did not receive any complaints about construction going on during the end of the school year, Hunchis said it became disruptive.
“There were a lot of guys walking around, a lot of outside noise from the Ag building, but nothing to disturbing that distracted me,” she said.
The school hopes to have the project completed by the start of next year.
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Top Colonel speaks with Northwood-Kensett students
- Northwood-Kensett superintendent in running for Fort Dodge job
- Red-hot Northwood-Kensett Vikings start the season 3-0
- Former Northwood-Kensett teacher sentenced for drug possession
- Three women arrested - 1 a teacher at Northwood-Kensett - after Worth County search
- Northwood-Kensett teacher's past drug charge didn't show up in background check
- Kensett man sentenced for hospital damage
- Third Northwood food pantry opens