ROCHESTER, Minn.- Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison made his rounds across southern Minnesota reaching out to voters. Ellison stopped at Rochester Dunn Brothers Coffee to speak to voters about why he wants to become the state's next attorney general. Ellison told voter his time in congress has prepared him to take on the role. In congress, you write laws but he now wants to enforce those laws.
Kamau Wilkins was one of the voters listening to what the congressman had to say. He tells us that he wants the next attorney general to be concerned about the community as well as other issues.
“Environment issues, pipelines the wild rice issue up north and also social issues.”
- Congressman Keith Ellison Campaigns in Rochester
- Congressman Ellison stops in Rochester to talk wage protection
- Lawyer says Keith Ellison abuse claim is 'unsubstantiated"
- Filing: Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison says ex-wife abused him
- Keith Ellison survives last-minute accusation to win DFL nominee for attorney general
- Democrats campaign in Rochester
- Harlan Ellison, master of science fiction, dies
- Ellison gets DFL endorsement despite abuse allegation
- Ellison domestic violence probe wrapping up
- Police to investigate Ellison domestic abuse charges