ROCHESTER, Minn. - It’s less than a month until the general election and candidates on the ballot are vying for your vote.
One candidate made a stop in Rochester today to talk about fair wages.
Congressman Keith Ellison held a round table discussion at the Laborers' International Union of North America Local 405.
There he discussed how he would help protect wages for employees.
“The attorney generals office works for you,” said the candidate.
Workers wanted to be assured that the attorney general would not only ensure fair pair and also hold dishonest contractors accountable.
Ellison said if he’s elected he will partner with the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry to enforce wage theft laws and hold offenders accountable to pay the wages that were promised.
- Congressman Ellison stops in Rochester to talk wage protection
- Congressman Keith Ellison Campaigns in Rochester
- Examining Minnesota wage law
- Harlan Ellison, master of science fiction, dies
- Ellison gets DFL endorsement despite abuse allegation
- Ellison domestic violence probe wrapping up
- Police to investigate Ellison domestic abuse charges
- Minimum wage boost in Minnesota
- Lawyer says Keith Ellison abuse claim is 'unsubstantiated"
- Filing: Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison says ex-wife abused him