ROCHESTER, Minn. - A familiar face in Southern Minnesota is on the ballot for the third time running for Congress.
Jim Hagedorn is the Republican endorsed candidate for Minnesota's 1st Congressional District. He ran in 2014 and 2016, but was defeated both times by Tim Walz. Hagedorn told KIMT his platform is focused on four priorities: protecting the rights of people, border safety, economic growth, and agriculture.
"We have to restore the rule of law and I support the president's program to do an all of the above approach. Yes, should we have a physical border and build a wall, absolutely. Fix the passport and VISA system which has enabled over half the people who are here illegally to fly into the county and overstay VISAS," explained Hagedorn, when referencing his platform on national security.
Hagedorn is running against four other Republicans in the August 14th primary. Whoever wins the primary will be on the November ballot.
- Congressional candidate Hagedorn talks national security
- Hagedorn and Feehan square off in debate
- Indivisible Rochester sends messages to Rep. Hagedorn
- Hagedorn visit Austin town hall meeting
- Congressman Hagedorn makes a stop in Rochester
- Hagedorn town hall focuses on upcoming race
- Local congressional candidate responds to GOP tax bill addition
- Voters learn more about congressional district 1 candidate Dan Feehan.
- Candidate for 1st Congressional Districts stops in north Iowa
- Hagedorn gets GOP endorsement to replace Tim Walz