SEVERE WX : Excessive Heat Warning View Alerts

Condo fire in Clear Lake Monday night

No one was injured.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 2:32 PM
Updated: Oct 30, 2018 2:38 PM

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A stove top grease fire at a condominium complex was put out before firefighters could arrive Monday night.

The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to The Harborage Pilot House on North Shore Drive around 8:44 pm. Three engine companies, 18 firefighters, and one ambulance responded, with another engine company and five firefighters from Ventura being sent for mutual aid.

When they arrived at the scene, fire department officials determined a pot of grease on a stove had ignited. The heat activated the sprinkler system and extinguished the flames.

An estimated $5,000 in water, smoke, and heat damage was done to one condo, with some water damaged to that floor and the floors below. All residents were able to evacuate and no one was injured.

The Clear Lake Police Department also assisted at the scene.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
92° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 109°
Albert Lea
Clear
93° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 103°
Austin
Clear
93° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 103°
Charles City
Clear
90° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 111°
Rochester
Clear
90° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 106°
Another round of dangerous heat and potentially dangerous storms for Friday
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Austin Splash Pad Stays Open

Image

The latest on a search for a missing man in Rochester

Image

Crews battle house fire in Dodge County

Image

Police see uptick in thefts during fair week

Image

Tracking the Heat & Humidity

Image

Urban farm offers alpaca yoga

${article.thumbnail.title}

StormTeam 3: The hottest air of the year moves in today

Image

RCTC hires Bonde as women's coach

Image

IGHSAU state softball pairings

Image

21st Century Approach to Softball

Community Events