SEVERE WX : Dense Fog Advisory View Alerts
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Condo fire in Clear Lake Monday night

No one was injured.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 2:32 PM
Updated: Oct 30, 2018 2:38 PM

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A stove top grease fire at a condominium complex was put out before firefighters could arrive Monday night.

The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to The Harborage Pilot House on North Shore Drive around 8:44 pm. Three engine companies, 18 firefighters, and one ambulance responded, with another engine company and five firefighters from Ventura being sent for mutual aid.

When they arrived at the scene, fire department officials determined a pot of grease on a stove had ignited. The heat activated the sprinkler system and extinguished the flames.

An estimated $5,000 in water, smoke, and heat damage was done to one condo, with some water damaged to that floor and the floors below. All residents were able to evacuate and no one was injured.

The Clear Lake Police Department also assisted at the scene.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
27° wxIcon
Hi: 29° Lo: 23°
Feels Like: 22°
Albert Lea
Overcast
27° wxIcon
Hi: 27° Lo: 21°
Feels Like: 20°
Austin
Overcast
28° wxIcon
Hi: 31° Lo: 24°
Feels Like: 28°
Charles City
Overcast
27° wxIcon
Hi: 28° Lo: 24°
Feels Like: 27°
Rochester
Overcast
23° wxIcon
Hi: 26° Lo: 20°
Feels Like: 15°
Quieter weekend
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Sean Weather 1/26

Image

Celebrating the Chinese New Year with a tea party

Image

Ranked Choice Voting

Image

Hitting the slopes with the Rochester Nordic Ski team

Image

High school students take part in fire training

Image

Sean Weather 1/25

Image

Ustby breaks school's scoring record as Lourdes defeats Caledonia

Image

Century boy's hockey falls at home to Hastings

Image

Kids enjoy sledding at Pine Island's Winter Fest

Image

Iowa State girl's wrestling tournament results

Community Events