CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A stove top grease fire at a condominium complex was put out before firefighters could arrive Monday night.
The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to The Harborage Pilot House on North Shore Drive around 8:44 pm. Three engine companies, 18 firefighters, and one ambulance responded, with another engine company and five firefighters from Ventura being sent for mutual aid.
When they arrived at the scene, fire department officials determined a pot of grease on a stove had ignited. The heat activated the sprinkler system and extinguished the flames.
An estimated $5,000 in water, smoke, and heat damage was done to one condo, with some water damaged to that floor and the floors below. All residents were able to evacuate and no one was injured.
The Clear Lake Police Department also assisted at the scene.
- Condo fire in Clear Lake Monday night
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake Fire Department wants to clear confusion over fundraiser
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- Update: 3 Clear Lake businesses burglarized Sunday into Monday
- Authorities respond to house fire in Clear Lake