MASON CITY, Iowa - Earlier Friday, concrete trucks were dumping cement into the floor of the Mason City Multipurpose Arena.
It's a big milestone for the project, which is expected to be finished up by early December. According to City Administrator Aaron Burnett, the city is already starting to book games at the new arena and there has been some interest in holding tournaments there.
The city is also working with NIACC to hold some entertainment events at the venue. Perhaps next year, you'll be seeing your favorite band playing at the arena.
The arena has become a magnet for business to the downtown area. A new sports bar will be opening its doors inside the Southbridge Mall, if the city approves a $30,000 loan to the owners.
- Mason City multipurpose arena getting closer to opening
- Groundbreaking for Mason City multipurpose arena scheduled for February
- Bidding process for multipurpose arena in the city attorney's hands
- Sneak peek: Mason City releases renderings for multipurpose arena, hotel and convention center
- The ice is in and the paint is down at the Mason City Multipurpose Arena
- Drone3: Construction continues on Mason City multi-purpose arena
- Mason City multi-purpose arena construction shifting indoors
- Mason City Youth Hockey to begin arena capital campaign
- Mason City multi-purpose arena closing in on opening (with drone video)
- 5 bidders for stage one of Mason City multi-purpose arena