ROCHESTER, Minn.- On Thursday evening, community members gathered around the Rochester community garden. With corn on the grill, and fresh fruit out on the table, people took their seats.
The conversation about mental illness started with one story and turned into several and then questions being answered by those who have experienced the effects of a mental illness firsthand.
Laurie Juenemon is recovering from battling depression but says she knows there is always a chance she will relapse...but she also knows that she is stronger than ever before.
She is able to talk with others who struggle with illnesses and provide a sense of hope and education.
She hopes that by being open and upfront, she can help the fight in ending the stigma that surrounds mental illnesses.
- Community comes together to end the stigma surrounding mental illnesses
- Students at Waldorf learn about mental illness
- CCHS students raising awareness to mental illness
- Minnesota inmates with mental illnesses lack treatment
- Being aware of your surroundings
- RCTC students speak out about their battle with mental illnesses
- Family holds golf tournament to raise awareness about mental illness
- Rochester shooter found not guilty due to mental illness
- Man acquitted of threats and assault due to mental illness
- Hundreds Run To Raise Awareness For Mental Illness