MASON CITY, Iowa – Many people will have to make alternative plans Thursday night due to Community Kitchen in North Iowa being closed.
According to Community Kitchen, a leak was discovered at 7 a.m. and covered the floor in about a half inch of water after a pipe broke.
They say around 300 gallons of water spilled, prompting the building to be closed Thursday.
Joe Coile of Mason City says he doesn't rely on the community kitchen, but uses it as more of a social time.
"I don't plan my meals around it, I don't depend on it that much, it is just nice to have," he said. "I go here a lot for social."
Community Kitchen plans to reopen Friday.
- Community Kitchen in Mason City closed after pipe breaks
- Mason City community kitchen provides warm refuge in cold weather
- Water main break in Mason City
- Denny's closed due to burst pipe
- Flu shots offered at community kitchen
- Community Kitchen serves annual Thanksgiving meal
- Community Kitchen names volunteer of the year
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- Roads closed in Mason City and Rochester