ROCHESTER, Minn.- After 3 discussions at Committee of the Whole meetings, the Rochester City Council has approved establishing a city Community Development Department. The vision of the department is, "to be recognized as America's most innovative development services team”. It's a team of people with a focus on development facilitation, small area planning, zoning compliance, and urban design. As far as funding goes, over 1 million dollars has been allocated from the 1998 and 2005 sales tax surplus. As part of the proposal, council has agreed to start the Community Developoment Director recruitment process immediately.
Rochester City Council approved establishing a Community Development Department.
Posted: Sep 18, 2018 12:32 AM
- Community Development Department
- Community Development Director named in Rochester
- Minnesota Department of Commerce investigating Frontier Communications
- Meet and Greet with Future Community Development Director
- Developing a COVID-19 vaccine
- Mason City City Council approves development agreement with G8 Development
- Developers talk Two Discovery Square as part of DMC development
- New developments in Huisentruit case
- Cresco Community Fire Department purchases new inflatable rescue boat
- Rochester works to get community input on police department policies
Scroll for more content...