DES MOINES, Iowa -- The warmer weather moved in at just the right time for the city of Des Moines to welcome thousands of basketball fans from around the country. Two fans from Louisville, Gina Hina and Kelly Lentz, say the Iowa hospitality has been wonderful since the minute they arrived.
"Everyone here has been very nice, very welcoming, very hospitable. We had a nice welcoming to the hotel yesterday, it was very nice," Hina said.
The NCAA Tournament kicks off in Des Moines on Thursday at 11:15 a.m. when the Minnesota Golden Gophers face the Louisville Cardinals.
- College basketball fans experience Iowa hospitality
- Iowa man found guilty of killing college basketball player
- Rochester Honkers look to improve the overall fan experience.
- Fans welcome North Iowa Bulls back home
- Thursday's Iowa prep basketball scores
- Lions leaning on experience
- Iowa man recalls experience with West Nile virus
- College basketball team bus crashes in Minnesota
- 'College Savings Iowa' named Top 5 college plan
- Search continues for missing Iowa college student