ROCHESTER, Minn. – There’s freezing cold temperatures across our area, and unfortunately they’re going to get colder.
“It's Minnesota,” Chuck Clark, of Mantorville, said. “That's how it is, deal with it you know.”
The drop in temperature is leaving some running for the door to escape the bitter air. One couple has some advice for people braving the cold this winter.
“Use all the proper procedures like... Eat more food!,” Clark and Natalie Whittaker said. “You can put skin cream on your hands to keep them from freezing. Get another layer of fat!”
Clark said this weather just comes with the territory.
“It gets below zero and the temperature really doesn't matter,” Clark said. “It's just numbers after that you know. It's cold. Cold is cold and you gotta adjust.”
- Cold weather... only getting colder
- Storm Team 3: Showers and colder highs
- StormTeam 3: Colder temps coming midweek
- Red Cross issues cold weather safety tips
- Rise in CO during cold weather
- With colder weather here, dome is going up at Wescott Sports Complex
- StormTeam3: Colder temps this weekend with a quiet week ahead
- Cold for a cause
- Working in the cold
- Spikes in broken water pipes caused by cold weather