MASON CITY, Iowa - Police issued a code red warning following a disturbance call Friday night and were on scene for around an hour.
Police tell KIMT News 3 it happened in the area of 800 block of 6th St. SE.
When they arrived on the scene, police learned a person inside may have a gun and was making threats.
That's when they issued the alert, asking neighbors to stay safe inside their homes.
The person did come out without incident at 8:27 p.m. The initial call was received at 7:35 p.m.
No charges have been filed, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Code Red Alert in Mason City for person possibly with gun ends peacefully
- UPDATE: Code Red Issued in Mason City neighborhood
- Mason City man pleads not guilty for 'Code Red' incident
- Mason City man charged in connection to Code Red incident earlier this month
- Mason City pursuit ends in arrest
- Mason City man found with gun in person's driveway sentenced to prison
- 2nd person charged in connection to Mason City robbery
- Mason City man arrested after allegedly pointing gun at woman
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal gun crime
- Trial set for Mason City man in drug/gun case