MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Federal agencies seize Backpage.com
- Not guilty plea in Rochester cocaine case
- Rochester man pleads guilty to cocaine possession
- Man sentenced for cocaine in Rochester
- Police say Thanksgiving death was over crack cocaine
- Man caught with 24 pounds of cocaine loses appeal
- Rochester man to stand trial for cocaine and marijuana
- Man reaches plea deal over cocaine and marijuana
- Mower County man pleads not guilty to selling cocaine