WINONA COUNTY, Minn. - A motorcyclist is forced into the median to avoid being hit by semi. According to Minnesota State Patrol the accident happened Saturday afternoon on I-90 near Enterprise Rest Area, near the Lewiston exit.
Authorities report that a semi driven by William Lingerfelt, of Georgia, was changing lanes and unaware of a motorcycle in the other lane. Stephen Wheeler, of Winona, was forced into the median and eventually lost control and rolled to a stop.
Wheeler was transported to Winona Health by Lewiston EMS with suspected non-life threatening injuries. State Patrol reports that he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Lingerfelt was issued a citation for not safely changing lanes.
Motorists are encouraged to remain mindful of motorocyclists sharing the roadways.
- Close call for a motorcyclist on I-90
- Crash temporariliy closes I-90 east of Rochester
- I-90 rest areas closed near Rochester
- Rest Stop Along I-90 Closes For Construction
- Rollover on I-90 in Austin
- Westbound I-90 to close Wednesday morning in Freeborn County
- Motorcyclist hit in Rochester
- Crash on icy I-90 in Mower County
- Semi accident on I-90 in Olmsted County
- Crash on I-90 in Freeborn County