MASON CITY, Iowa – A woman arrested after police say she crashed into a loading dock at Southbridge Mall and then led officers on a short chase is pleading not guilty.
Elizabeth Ann Bitker, 48 of Clear Lake, is charged with carrying weapons, interference with official acts inflicting bodily injury, assault on a peace officer, OWI-1st offense, and eluding.
Bitker was arrested May 29 after Mason City police say she got blocked in by heavy traffic at the intersection of Highway 122 and South Pennsylvania Avenue, exited her truck, and tried to run away.
Her trial is scheduled to begin on August 6.
- Clear Lake woman to stand trial for Mason City police chase
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Clear Lake duo to stand trial on drug charges
- Accused Clear Lake car thief to stand trial
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Mason City man to stand trial on drug charge
- Man arrested after Mason City standoff to stand trial
- Mason City teen to stand trial for marijuana