MASON CITY, Iowa – Stealing from a string of vehicles results in probation for a North Iowa man.
Taylor James Wigant, 25 of Clear Lake, was sentenced Monday to two years of probation in Cerro Gordo County District Court. He pleaded guilty to four counts of 3rd degree burglary of a motor vehicle. Wigant was accused of taking cash, a laptop computer, sunglasses, and other personal items from several vehicles on January 21.
Wigant was given two year prison sentences on each count of burglary, to be served consecutively, but they were all suspended in favor of probation. He has also been ordered to pay restitution to his victims.
- Clear Lake vehicle burglar gets probation
- Probation for teenage burglar
- Probation for cement plant burglar
- Howard County burglar gets probation
- Vehicle goes through ice on Clear Lake
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Probation for meth, gun possession in Clear Lake
- Update: 3 Clear Lake businesses burglarized Sunday into Monday
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Clear Lake police: Multiple theft reports from vehicles over weekend