CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – An elementary school teacher has quit after being charged with failure to report an auto accident.
The Clear Lake Community Schools Board of Education accepted the resignation of Francis Joseph Lapointe at its Tuesday meeting. He is listed on the District website as a 2nd grade teacher at Clear Creek Elementary for the past three years.
On February 24, Lapointe was charged in Cerro Gordo County District Court with failure to report a personal injury accident. Court documents state that he was driving an SUV in the 200 block of South 3rd Street in Clear Lake on February 11 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Authorities say the SUV went off the road a little after 1 am and hit a tree, leaving Lapointe with what is described as a “serious leg injury.” Law enforcement says Lapointe left the scene of the crash before officers arrived and did not report the accident as required by law.
A non-jury trial for Lapointe is scheduled for April 18.
- Clear Lake teacher quits after crash
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Trial set in Clear Lake crash
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash
- Clear Lake woman dies in Kansas crash
- Trial set in Clear Lake boating crash
- Teacher quits after racial comment controversy
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf