MASON CITY, Iowa – A Clear Lake man accused of entering a home and attacking two people has changed his plea.
Aaron Michael Pankratz, 27, has entered an Alford plea to one count of 3rd degree burglary. Law enforcement says Pankratz forced his way into a home in the 600 block of S. 8th Street in Clear Lake on May 4 and assaulted two people inside.
His sentencing is scheduled for September 30.
An Alford plea means Pankratz does not admit guilt but concedes he could be found guilty at trial and will accept sentencing.
- Clear Lake man to be sentenced for burglary
- Clear Lake man charged for weekend burglary
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Federal prison sentence for Clear Lake man
- Clear Lake man sentenced for marijuana possession
- Man sentenced for attacking Clear Lake woman
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Plea deal for Clear Lake man over burglary, domestic abuse
- Clear Lake woman sentenced for meth
- Clear Lake teen is sentenced for pot