CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Police have arrested a Clear Lake man on sex crime charges.
Edric Henry-Rodshall Morris, 40, was arrested at 12:15 pm Friday. The Clear Lake Police Department says he’s accused of 3rd degree sex abuse and lascivious acts with a child. Court documents state the victim was under 14 and police say both charges are being upgraded to class “A” felonies because Morris was convicted of lascivious acts with a child in Cerro Gordo County in 2012.
A class “A” felony in Iowa carries a mandatory life sentence.
Authorities say these crimes occurred in January and happened in Clear Lake. The Cerro Gordo County Attorney’s Office and the Iowa Department of Human Services assisted with the investigation.
Clear Lake police say Morris has been booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $1 million bond.
- Clear Lake man facing life in prison for child sex abuse
- Clear Lake man sentenced for child sex abuse in Idaho
- Clear Lake man convicted again of child sex abuse
- Clear Lake man gets 25 years in prison for child sex abuse
- Clear Lake man found not guilty of sex abuse
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to child sex abuse in Idaho
- Britt man gets life in prison for sex abuse
- Federal prison sentence for Clear Lake man
- Britt man given decades in prison for child sex abuse
- Wright County man sentenced to prison for child sex abuse