CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - A Clear Lake man is facing a felony domestic abuse charge for allegedly punching a woman with a closed fist before strangling her.
Jacob Brager, 33, was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail on Wednesday and was being held without bond until seeing a magistrate.
Police said on Oct. 21, Brager took the victim’s cell phone by force and punched her with a closed fist. The punch resulted in damage to the victim’s lip and caused her to fall down, according to court documents. Brager also allegedly strangled the victim for 30 seconds, which made it difficult for her to breath, and he shoved her out of the residence.
The victim had injuries to the back of her hands, wrists and both sides of her throat.
- Clear Lake man facing felony charge for allegedly punching, choking woman
- Man facing felony drug charges after arrest in Clear Lake
- Man facing felony theft charge for allegedly stealing phone from counter of Clear Lake bar
- Woman charged after allegedly trashing Clear Lake motel room
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge
- Police: Man punched officer in face after OWI in Clear Lake
- Authorities: Woman charged after allegedly punching Cerro Gordo Co. correctional officer in face