CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - The City of Clear Lake is now offering some property owners an incentive to repair sidewalks at a discount.
According to 2nd Ward Councilperson Bennett Smith, the city will rebate the cost of cement for 185 property owners whose sidewalks are defective and are in need of an update to meet code.
Smith says that the incentive can save both the city and property owners money compared to the formal special assessment process.
The incentive will be a much lower price compared to the normal cost of the special assessment process, which includes bidding and legal steps.
- Clear Lake launching defective sidewalk repair initiative
- Clearing your sidewalks from the snow
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake hosts 9/11 memorial