Photo Gallery 10 Images
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Flames destroy a Clear Lake home early Sunday.
The Clear Lake Fire Department got a call just before 4 am about a structure fire in the 6200 block of South Shore Drive. A blaze was found consuming a one-story unoccupied home and the Ventura Fire Department was called in to assist.
After deciding the home was a total loss, firefighters spent a couple of hours putting out the flames and making sure to extinguish all hot spots. There were no injuries. Estimated damage is over $100,000. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Clear Lake and Ventura fire departments combined to use five engine companies, one rescue company, one squad company, one command vehicle, and 25 firefighters to handle this incident. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office and Alliant Energy assisted at the scene.
- UPDATE: Images of Clear Lake home destroyed in Sunday fire
- UPDATE: Building destroyed in Saturday morning fire near Clear Lake
- Flames destroy minvan in Clear Lake
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- Update: 3 Clear Lake businesses burglarized Sunday into Monday
- Tractor fire in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Update: Fuel spill reported in Clear Lake
- Fire destroys Spring Valley home