MASON CITY, Iowa – One of the people caught in a North Iowa drug bust is pleading guilty.
Joshua Dean Debower, 26 of Clear Lake, entered a guilty plea to possession of methamphetamine-1st offense and has been sentenced to five days in jail and a $315 fine. He must also get a substance abuse evaluation and follow through on all treatment recommendations.
Debower and Heather Mae Copas, 37 of Clear Lake, were arrested after police searched a home in the 10 block of Plaza Drive on July 13. Officers said they found over 20 grams of meth, as well as marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Copas has pleaded not guilty to possession with intent to deliver meth, possession with intent to deliver methadone hydrochloride, possession with intent to deliver marijuana, and failure to use a drug tax stamp. Her trial is set to begin on January 8, 2019.
- Clear Lake drug bust produces one guilty plea
- Austin meth bust produces second guilty plea
- Guilty pleas in traffic stop drug bust
- Guilty plea in Rochester drug bust
- Not guilty plea in Austin drug bust
- First guilty plea in Rochester drug bust
- Four guilty pleas in Rochester drug bust
- Two more not guilty pleas in Forest City drug bust
- Not guilty pleas after Mower County drug bust
- Not guilty pleas in Howard County drug busts