EAGLE LAKE, Minn. – A North Iowa driver is involved in a two-vehicle accident in southern Minnesota.
The crash happened around 7:43 pm Saturday in Eagle Lake in Blue Earth County. The Minnesota State Patrol says Amber Nicole Atherton, 32 of Waterville, was northbound on 598th Avenue and turned to go west on Highway 14, colliding with the eastbound pickup truck driven by Matthew Roger Anderson, 42 of Clear Lake, IA.
The State Patrol says a six-year-old female passenger in Atherton’s car suffered a life-threatening injury and was taken to Hennepin County Medical center. Atherton and a four-year-old male passenger suffered non-life threatening injuries and were taken to May Clinic Health System in Mankato.
Matthew Anderson and his two passengers, Jarod Matthew Anderson, 20 of Clear Lake, and Cole Andrew Gauch, 22 of Bondurant, were not hurt in the crash.
The State Patrol says everyone involved was wearing their seat belt at the time of the accident. The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office, Eagle Lake police and fire, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash
- Lake Mills driver in southern Minnesota crash
- Drivers transported after head-on crash in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Trial set in Clear Lake crash
- Clear Lake teacher quits after crash
- Clear Lake woman dies in Kansas crash
- Trial set in Clear Lake boating crash
- 1 killed in southern Minnesota motorcycle crash
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash