BUDAPEST - Joe Colon has added another accomplishment to his stellar wrestling career.
The Clear Lake High School graduate earned a bronze medal at the 2018 world championships at 61 kilograms for the United States.
Colon, a two-time prep state champion, a JUCO national champion at Iowa Central and an all-American at Northern Iowa, took third thanks to a 13-2 win Sunday over Iran’s Mohammadbagher Yahkeshi.
Colon was an injury replacement for Nahshon Garrett in the tournament and took advantage of his opportunity.
He reached the semifinal round Saturday before his dominant victory Sunday over Iran.
- Clear Lake alum Joe Colon takes bronze at World Championships
- Clear Lake alum to compete in World Championships
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- BRONZE BULLDOGS: Lake Mills takes third for second-straight season at state duals
- Clear Lake Fire Department wants to clear confusion over fundraiser