BUDAPEST - Joe Colon has added another accomplishment to his stellar wrestling career.
The Clear Lake High School graduate earned a bronze medal at the 2018 world championships at 61 kilograms for the United States.
Colon, a two-time prep state champion, a JUCO national champion at Iowa Central and an all-American at Northern Iowa, took third thanks to a 13-2 win Sunday over Iran’s Mohammadbagher Yahkeshi.
Colon was an injury replacement for Nahshon Garrett in the tournament and took advantage of his opportunity.
He reached the semifinal round Saturday before his dominant victory Sunday over Iran.
- Clear Lake alum Joe Colon takes bronze at World Championships
- Clear Lake grad Joe Colon beats World champion, wins gold at Pan American Championships
- Clear Lake alum to compete in World Championships
- Colon, ranked 2nd in the world, leaves mark on Clear Lake, UNI
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Mason City alum Cornick leads Augustana to NCAA Championship
- BRONZE BULLDOGS: Lake Mills takes third for second-straight season at state duals
- Clear Lake alum goes from the dirt tracks of north Iowa to helping team win Indy 500
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free