CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- The Clear Lake City Council gave an update Monday night on a feasibility study for a new hotel which would include a conference center.
Those with the city said they have been interested seeing if there is a need for a new hotel for several years, and if so, how many rooms are needed.
According to those with the city, the specific project would include a conference space, but they are still in the early stages.
“Right now they are looking at businesses and how many of them would use a hotel or conference space, potential expansion and growth in the area and the current market, so how many hotels are already in the area,” said North Iowa Corridor Economic Development President Chad Schreck.
Schreck said the study will be complete in the next couple of weeks.
- Clear Lake City Council gives update on hotel feasibility study
- Clear Lake City Council gives final approval for hotel, conference center as details released
- Clear Lake City Council approves letter of intent with developer
- Clear Lake City Council approves land plat for I-35 development
- Clear Lake City Council gets back to business after holidays
- Clear Lake Council asks public when to start council meetings
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- New hotel, convention center could be coming to Clear Lake
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Update: Fuel spill reported in Clear Lake