CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- Tuesday marks the 17th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centers. Each year North Iowans, including Scott Kennedy of Clear Lake, pay their respects with a monument that is from the Ground Zero.
“It’s a very good remembrance for us,” he said. “My father served in WWII and we have strong feelings for those who served our country and that piece is a remembrance of their importance and that we do need them.”
The piece is one of over 14 hundred that have been spread out across the United States. The idea is to give those who can’t make it to the memorial in New York a chance to remember the events in their own home town.
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Clear Lake hosts 9/11 memorial
- Remembering 9/11
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Tractor fire in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake Fire Department wants to clear confusion over fundraiser